ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004
Dunas Hotels & Resorts and its hotels Dunas Suites & Villas and Bungalows Dunas Maspalomas have been awarded the quality certifications ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 in recognition of the outstanding quality of their facilities and optimal conditions of their comprehensive range of services.
Having passed the inspections carried out by the certifying body TÜV Rheinland, Dunas Hotels & Resorts recently received official confirmation that these certificates have now been awarded. This is a great reward for the Group’s efforts and commitment to excellence, in line with its Total Quality Assurance Plan. This further strengthens the Group’s determination to stay among the leading firms in terms of quality in its sector, dedicating the necessary human and material resources.
The management of Dunas Hotels & Resorts, with the goal of maintaining standards of excellence, as witnessed by the awarding of the quality certificates ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004, renews its commitment to satisfy the wishes of its guests, to make them feel at home during their stay with us, without neglecting the natural resources we use and doing our utmost to reduce the environmental impact of our operations and services of accommodation, catering and event management.
To this end, the Group operates in accordance with a stringent Environmental and Quality Management System which has now been certified to international standards, namely ISO 14001 and ISO 9001, periodically reviewing its products and services which may affect the environment or level of satisfaction of our customers.
The environment is worthy of our respect and care, and so we are constantly working to implement the following measures:
- Investment in water savings with appropriate levels of usage in cisterns, showers, basins, etc.
- In most of the garden areas, drip-feed watering or micro-spray systems are used and we pay close attention to the indigenous vegetation, which requires very little water.
- Water meters have been fitted at several locations in order to monitor consumption levels.
- We also invest in electrical power saving by fitting low-consumption light bulbs in garden areas, patios and balconies of the Hotel as well as in the rooms themselves.
- Staff are encouraged to switch off any light or machinery that is not needed.
- Our cleaning products are biodegradable.
- We use kitchen and food products that come in containers made of glass, wood, cardboard and other recyclable materials and we have eliminated as much as possible the use of plastic and another non-biodegradable materials.
- Used cooking oil and toxic waste is collected and removed for industrial recycling.