Definition of cookies and their function
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user’s computer/Smartphone/Tablet (device) when accessing certain webpages, with the purpose of storing and recovering information about navigation or browsing habits associated with a particular device. Depending on the information they contain and the way the device is used, the user may be recognised. To find out more about cookies, “DUNAS RESORTS, S.L.” invites you to access the following link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie.
What kind of cookies does http://www.hotelesdunas.com use?
- First-party cookies: these are sent to the user’s terminal device from a device or domain managed by the editor, which provides the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: these are sent to the user’s terminal device from a device or domain that is not managed by the editor but rather by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
- Session cookies: a type of cookie designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a webpage.
- Persistent cookies: in this type of cookie data continues to be stored in the user’s terminal and the data can be accessed and processed for a period of time set by the party responsible for the cookie, which may range from a few minutes to several years.
- Analysis cookies: whether processed by us o by third parties, these cookies allow us to quantify the number of users and, therefore, to statistically measure and analyse the use that users make of the service offered. This is done by analysing your browsing of our website to improve the range of products or services we offer.
2.1 Regarding the types of cookies, there are five big groups:
- Analytical cookies: they collect information about the use made of the website.
- Social cookies: these are required for external social networks.
- Affiliate cookies: they make it possible to keep track of visits referred from other websites with which this website establishes an affiliation contract (affiliate companies).
- Advertising and behavioural cookies: these collect information about the user’s preferences and personal choices (retargeting).
- Technical and functional cookies: these cookies are strictly necessary for the use of this website and for the provision of the contracted service.
Disabling, revoking or deleting cookies
Users may, at any time, enable, block or delete the cookies installed on their device by selecting the appropriate settings on their browsers. If the installation of cookies is not allowed in their browser, it is possible that they may be unable to access certain sections of our website.
- browser settings; for example:
Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- The specific opt-out systems related to the relevant cookie (these systems may require the installation of an opt-out cookie on your device so that your disabling option works)
- Other third-party tools, available on-line, which enable users to detect cookies on each website they visit and manage their disabling (for example, Ghostery: https://www.ghostery.com/about-ghostery/privacy-statements/, https://www.ghostery.com/faqs/).
“DUNAS RESORTS, S.L.” uses the following cookies on this website, as detailed below:
- utma: This cookie is used to keep track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site. It expires in 2 years.
- utmz: This cookie is used to learn how a user reached the website. It expires in 6 months.
- utmb: This cookie is used to calculate the length of time the user has spent on our site for statistical purposes. It expires after 30 minutes from the last recorded pageview.
- utmc: This cookie is used to calculate the length of time the user has spent on our site for statistical purposes. It expires at the end of the session.
- SESS*: This is used to store the PHP session ID, where * is a long alphanumeric value. It expires when the browser is closed.
- The session identifier cookie named PHPSESSID, when using the email form, so that the anti-spam verification code on the form can be used. Its content may vary according to the browser session ID.
- The http://www.hotelesdunas.com domain cookie, through which the website will be redirected to its final hosting, which does not set any other cookie.
- And the cookies set by both Google and Facebook when using their plug-ins.