Gran Canaria Bike Week is from the 3rd to the 10th of December, don't miss it and discover the programme!
La Ciclotourista Gran Canaria Bike Week
Dunas Hotels & Resorts renews its support and commitment to cycling in Gran Canaria by participating, once again, in La Cicloturista Gran Canaria Bike Week on 3-10 December 2023.
When is the Gran Canaria Bike Week?
The Gran Canaria Bike Week is from Sunday 3 December until Sunday 10 December.
What is the Gran Canaria Bike Week?
In a nutshell, it's a full week dedicated to cycling in Gran Canaria. It's a meeting with a long history on the island that aims to show the excellent conditions for cycling in Gran Canaria. For more than 35 years, cyclists from all over the world have been coming to the island to enjoy all the advantages of cycling:
- The average temperature on the island is around 20 degrees all year round. In addition, the 300 days of sunshine on average per year make Gran Canaria an ideal place to do any kind of activity.
- The multiple scenarios that you can find, from beach paradises of any kind to rural routes in the middle of extensive and leafy pine forests. Full of nuances and corners that amaze everyone who visits them.
- A unique range of accommodation that supports cycle tourism and everything that surrounds this passion that every year brings together more and more enthusiasts in La Cicloturista Gran Canaria Bike Week.
And in relation to this great advantage, after the success of previous editions, where Dunas Hotels & Resorts already participated as official accommodation, we continue to renew our commitment to this event in its next edition, which already has dates set: from the 3rd to the 10th of December 2023.
And of course, we have opted for a special price for the bookings of all those who are already planning their participation in La Cicloturista Gran Canaria Bike Week 2023. Once again, we've selected two of the best hotels for cyclists in Gran Canaria, the Suites & Villas by Dunas or Maspalomas Resort by Dunas, perfectly equipped for any type of cycling-related activity. Both hotels count with the Gold Cycling Friendly quality certification are ready to provide cyclists with an enjoyable and holistic experience especially designed for them with a specialised centre for bike lovers.
Proof of this is the FreeMotion centre which is inside the first of the aforementioned hotels. All accommodation clients will have exclusive access to this centre, where they will be able to benefit from services such as:
- Basic repair workshop.
- Access to the rental of all types of bicycles.
- Advice and help from professionals, whether you are an amateur or an expert in the sport.
- Access to personalised routes,
- Storage and security for your bicycles.
And many more advantages that only a hotel with the Cycling Friendly Gold quality certification can guarantee.
The stages of Bike Week 2023
- Stage 1: TotalEnergies Gran Fondo Pico de las Nieves 138 kilometres: Plaza de San Juan (Telde) - Valsequillo - Telde - Ingenio - Agüimes - Pico Las Nieves.
- Stage 2: Circular de Ayagaures 28 kilometres: Hotel Suites&Villas by Dunas - Ayagaures Dam - Ayagaures Viewpoint - Monte León - La Data Mountain - Hotel Suites&Villas by Dunas.
- Stage 3: Arucas Gran Canaria Verde 75 kilometres: Arucas - Pinos Gáldar - Fontanales - Arucas.
- Stage 4: Chronoescalada Maspalomas, 22.6 kilometres: Hotel Suites&Villas by Dunas - El Tablero - Lomos de Pedro Afonso - Hotel Suites&Villas by Dunas.
- Stage 5: Gran Canaria South-West 100 kilometres: Agaete - Artenara - Tejeda - Tunte - Hotel Suites&Villas by Dunas
- Stage 6: Dunas Love Gran Canaria of 53 kilometres: Hotel Suites&Villas by Dunas - Taurito - Hotel Suites&Villas by Dunas
At Dunas Hotels we are committed to cycling in Gran Canaria by renewing our participation in the Bike Week 2023. Don't hesitate, contact our Reservations department and make your stay and participation in the best cycling event in the Canary Islands ready. Call now to +34 902 142 828 or +34 928 445300 and follow all the news of the next edition in December in our blog and in our social networks.
Sign up here.