Don Gregory by Dunas has been awarded with the prestigious TUI Environmental Champion 2020, which rewards hotels for the environmental management and protection of their natural surroundings. Hotels that receive this recognition form part of a special international catalogue of sustainable TUI hotels, which is reviewed annually by official auditors.
The TUI Environmental Champion 2020 reaffirms our goal of minimising our impact on the environment and being a sustainable hotel. This has been one of our main goals for years; one of the first steps towards sustainability was to achieve the quality certificate ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004.
Some of the actions that we have taken in our hotels in order to reach these goals are:
- water saving: suitable dosage of toilets, showers and sinks, drip irrigation or micro-sprinkler techniques for gardens. We give priority to native vegetation that requires little water.
- electricity saving: low consumption bulbs, turning off unnecessary lights and machinery.
- use of biodegradable cleaning products
- use of kitchen products that are packaged in recyclable materials, wherever possible
- removal of toxic waste and oils for industrial recycling.
The TUI Environmental Champion 2020 award for Don Gregory by Dunas encourages and motivates us to continue to work with the entire team to add our grain of salt to the improvement of our surroundings and to create the minimum impact possible on the environment.