One of the most attractive areas in Gran Canaria is the southern one, with places and real reasons that are a true magnet for tourism. One of these are the incredible hotels in southern Gran Canaria, which have services that can make your holiday dates a time you will remember all your life.
What makes this area so special? It’s climate, mainly. Undoubtedly, this is one of the places with the best weather on the planet, with an average of 300 days of sunshine a year and average temperatures of 24º C during most of the year.
This means that you can enjoy unique places and experiences at any time of your holidays. Here is the top things you can find in the south of the island.
Gran Canaria is known as a “miniature continent” for its many microclimates due to the its orography, which causes the emergence of different ecosystems in certain regions of the island. This makes it possible to find very diverse places that will fill the holidays with different sensations.
Next we will point some of the reasons why the south of Gran Canaria attracts more visitors every year.
The southern coast is a great option to enjoy a sunny holiday on golden sandy beaches bathed by fresh, crystal clear waters.
Staying in any of the hotels in the south of Gran Canaria you can reach in no time beaches like:
- Playa del Inglés: Located in the municipality of San Bartolomé de Tirajana, its length and blond sand, together with the most popular tourist area make it an incredible beach.
- Maspalomas: You will be able to find its famous lighthouse and the beautiful dunes of blonde sand that are perfect spot to enjoy the summer climate of the south of Gran Canaria.
- San Agustín: A beach of dark sand, located near Playa del Inglés and ideal not only to enjoy a swim but also a beautiful walk along its promenade.
- Anfi del Mar: You can find this beach of white sand and crystal clear water in the municipality of Mogán. Next to it is a wonderful artificial heart-shaped island where you can enjoy an excellent chill-out.
- Amadores: Mogán keeps this crystalline treasure ideal for rest and holidays on a white coral sand beach worth visiting.
Not everything is going to be beaches, since southern Gran Canaria also offers beautiful places that will fill your holidays on the island with different feelings.
- The Maspalomas Dunes Natural Reserve is located in a unique place in the world. Enjoy a beautiful sea of golden sand that will give you a beautiful picture and a unique ride along the Atlantic.
- Puerto de Mogán is a spot for calm and enjoyment as you walk along its picturesque white houses adorned with various colors through the channels that form the neighborhood of the "little Venice".
- Arguineguín is the typical fishing village of the municipality of Mogán, where the sun always shines and the average temperature does not fall below 24ºC. The ideal place to spend a morning at its agricultural markets on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Of course, the hotels in the south of Gran Canaria are perfectly equipped to give you an impressive holiday at their facilities. Therefore, we are going to propose you 4 different and wonderful options to spend any type of holiday in the south of the island.
In order for you to enjoy an impressive holiday we recommend these interesting hotels for the services they offer, as they are adapted to how you want to live Gran Canaria.
An impressive option if you want to have a dynamic holiday full of sensations and with the clear intention of discovering the best areas of the island. You will have at your disposal a wonderful swimming pool area so that you can relax after a day visiting Gran Canaria.
Mirador Maspalomas spectacular rooms (double and family) will make you enjoy a great rest so you can recharge your batteries in order to continue enjoying each of the corners that are hidden on the island.
Do you want to live a vacation surrounded by tranquillity and privacy? In Suites & Villas you will enjoy every day you spend in Gran Canaria.
In this beautiful town in the middle of a paradise you will be able to take impressive walks next to the coast through a landscape of blonde sand due to the hotel proximity from the Maspalomas Dunes.
You will feel at home and won’t miss anything thanks to its impressive rooms that will make your stay on the hotel an unforgettable vacation.
Another option to enjoy a holiday with full autonomy is Maspalomas Resort. With some bungalows of excellent quality so that you and your companions can have all the necessary comforts to enjoy the island to the fullest.
Maspalomas Resort is much more than a hotel, as its rooms are surrounded by lush gardens surrounded by calm all the way to the incredible pool area where you can enjoy the excellent climate of the island of Gran Canaria.
If you are looking for the best beachfront hotels in Gran Canaria, this is probably the best option to enjoy a relaxing holiday. In this adults-only hotel you will find the peace you need to escape the stress of everyday life.
Its Nordic style means that from the very moment you step into Don Gregory's facilities you will feel the tranquillity breathed in every square meter. With a Wellness Center and Spa, ideal for body care, you can have the best treatments in the hands of incredible professionals and excellent products. We recommend this experience if your goal is resting during your holidays on the island.
The best hotels in southern Gran Canaria will make you understand why the island attracts more and more people, as you can enjoy this island at any time.