At Dunas Hotels & Resorts we are celebrating! We have obtained the prestigious Travelife Gold Certification of Sustainable Tourism at our Dunas Mirador Maspalomas Hotel.
During the last year we have worked to adapt our practices to the standards required by the Travelife Certification. As we previously mentioned on our blog, this involves respecting people, nature and cultural aspects of the place where the hotel operates, as well as showing clients how to respect and protect the tourist spaces.
As a socially responsible company, in Dunas Mirador Maspalomas:
- We communicate through our website (www.hotelesdunas.com) about beaches, places of interest, culture and Canarian gastronomy. We like our clients knowing the most emblematic places of the island of Gran Canaria, our most important beaches, as well as the villages, museums and gardens that they visit. We offer information and suggestions about the history, and places of interest.
- We are committed to promoting the economy of our region, so we prioritize over local suppliers, and demand certain environmental and sustainable requirements, in line with our policies.
- We maintain a strong commitment to our society, which translates into sponsorship actions for the Canarian sport sector as well as supporting various Trusts through donations.
- Likewise, we are committed to the care of the environment, trying to minimize our consumption of water and electricity, through good practices as well as company investments (water saving devices, LED lighting); using ecological cleaning products; and sorting our waste suitably.
- We remain firmly committed to fostering a culture of recognition of our brand, which ensures that the pride and commitment of our employees towards the business allows us to grow and evolve within the company, whilst favouring family life’ conciliation.
- Each year, we review our sustainable objectives and set new challenges to grow in social, community and environmental responsibility.