Abigail Hernandorena is from Cadiz, and works in the Dunas Hotels & Resorts E-commerce Department
Abigail Hernandorena is from Cadiz, and has been working for the past 9 years in the Dunas Hotels & Resorts E-commerce Department. We have talked to her at the Maspalomas headquarters to know a little more about her experience on the island and about her job.
- Where are you from and how long have you been in Gran Canaria?
I'm Spanish, not from Gran Canaria but from Cadiz. I've been here since 2000 (although not continuously).
- What do you like most about the island of Gran Canaria? What parts of the island would you personally recommend to those who come to visit?
What I like most about Gran Canaria is its people, its mountain landscapes and of course its climate. I would suggest that everyone who comes to the island pays a visit to Tejeda, the route of the almond blossoms, the Caldera de Bandama, Santa Lucia, the Niñas reservoir and Puerto de Mogan.
- How long have you been working for Dunas Hotels & Resorts? What is your position?
I have been working 9 years for Dunas, always in the E-commerce Department. Some of my functions are: Introduction of rates and offers through the Channel Manager's own website, as well as other online tour operators and online portals. Managing online reservations: last minute changes, answering requests, etc. Analytical work such as the competor's comparative price ranges, sales analysis... Also the monthly commission turnover of our collaborating agencies.
- What do you like most about your job? What are the challenges of your job?
What I like the most about my job is the variety of tasks and the least, I would say the responsibility that involves. An error, for example, in the introduction of fees can have a major negative impact.
- Do you remember any anecdote or special moment with clients at Dunas Hotels & Resorts?
Every time regular customers come back addressing themselves to me as "friends", the closeness in the way they speak to me by phone or email and also the satisfaction that I get when someone (who has joined the High-Tech Era later on in their life) has made an online booking for the first time just following the steps that I have simultaneously given them.