(+34) 902 14 28 28
(+34) 928 44 53 26
These country festivals are characterized by the typical Canary clothing of the participants. Every island has its own typical traditional costume, many of them were designed by Néstor Martín. The women’s traditional costume is very colourful but the prevailing colours are nevertheless white and red. The women normally wear a stripped rock and an apron with embroideries. In the upper part of the body down to the waist the women usually wears a corset on her blouse. There is a big spectrum in the choice of the colours, because the creativity plays a big role in the women’s traditional costumes.
The men’s clothing is simpler. Neither here there is uniformity but the dominating colours are white, black and grey. The shirt can be simply white or grey stripped. The waistcoat is black or grey, the trousers black or grey stripped. The sash to the waist is usually black or red. A black hat or a so-called typical “cachorro canario” complements the men’s suit. The shoes are usually black. The dances and the traditional clothing give this typical canary and happy touch to the celebrations, that take place throughout the whole year, in honour to the different patrons of islands, villages or trades. Do not miss the folk celebrations during the spring on Gran Canaria!
· Saturday, 13th of March: "Romería Ofrenda a San José, Santa María de Guía, Montaña Alta.
· Saturday, 10th of April: "Romería Pajarera", in El Pajar, San Bartolomé de Tirajana
· Saturday, 24th of April: "Romería del Niño Dios", in Barranco Ayagaures, San Bartolomé de Tirajana
· Saturday, 24th of April: “Romería de la Santa Cruz” in El Sequero, San Bartolomé de Tirajana
· Saturday, 8th of May: “Romería de San Isidro Labrador” in Gáldar
· Saturday, 8th of May: "Romería de La Santísima Trinidad", in Tablero de Maspalomas
· Saturday, 15th of May: “Romería de San Isidro Labrador” , in Cardones (Arucas)
· Saturday, 22th of May: "Romería Ofrenda en Honor a M ª Auxiliadora", in Motor Grande, Puerto Rico
· Saturday, 29th of May: "Romería de San Fernando" in San Fernando. Maspalomas. San Bartolomé de Tirajana
· Saturday, 29th of May: “Romería de San Isidro Labrador”, in Artenara
· Monday, 31th of May: "Romería de Canarias" in several villages as it is the day of the Canaries.